The Electrical Design Engineer has two roles within the company; one is pre-sales and the other post-sales. The electrical engineer is responsible for the design of electrical systems to meet the requirements of Itech’s customers. In this role the electrical engineer is responsible for ensuring designs are to Australian standards, most prominently AS3000, AS3008 and AS61439. The Electrical Engineer will aid with all electrical works during the quotation phase of the project. The execution phase will require the management of the electrical requirements for the project to ensure that it meets all scope, design, and quality expectations, through planning, designing, and managing the electrical engineering aspects of the project.
While most of our work is in Sydney and the Central Coast, we do have interstate customers travel to support customer and implement projects is required from time to time.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for contributing to pre-sales documentation, participating in customer meetings, developing electrical design and models, preparing installation plans, evaluating systems, advising the Project Manager on problems, attending FAT/SATs, reviewing Engineering Change Requests, giving technical advice, improving operations, applying electrical standards and codes, and estimating labor and material costs.
We are looking for Electrical Design Engineers with relevant tertiary qualifications to join our professional and technical staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- You will have 2-5 years experience in the design, configuration, testing and commissioning of PLC based control systems.
- You will have practical experience developing constructable designs incorporating power distribution, motor controls and control systems.
- You will be experienced troubleshooting electrical systems. It is expected that you are able to read electrical drawings.
- You will have experience working with customers to conceptualise and develop electrical solutions.
Essential Technical knowledge
- Knowledge of low voltage power distribution design.
- Knowledge of variable speed drives and motor controls.
- Working knowledge of Australian Standards; AS3000, AS3008
- Experience with SKM PowerTools is an advantage.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and experience using it to develop electrical designs.
What we offer
- Excellent opportunity to develop a fulfilling and long-term role within the business.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Opportunities for professional development to enhance your career progression.
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team.
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.